Senior IT Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
The Senior IT Infrastructure Cloud Engineer works closely with the Principal IT Infrastructure Architect to design, evaluate, monitor, and maintain the information systems hosted in the various Azure and Oracle cloud environments. This role is responsible for the application architecture and infrastructure planning along with the design of functional specifications. This position will build deep expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, PaaS, Security, Storage, and Networking technologies). The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer will help to set cloud governance strategies, directing best practices and procedures.
The Senior IT Infrastructure Cloud Engineer is a highly visible position that works closely with a variety of team members including executives, managers, network engineers, application administrators, and various mining and steel site personnel. The expectation for this role is to build strong working relationships and trust with these team members through various integration, configuration, implementation, and consultation activities. As such, this role will require a person with excellent communication, organizational, technical, and people skills.
The Senior IT Infrastructure Cloud Engineer is responsible for assisting in the formulation of business cases, providing budgetary guidance, and works with project management and associated teams to ensure the successful implementation of projects. This role will work directly with the Principal IT Infrastructure Architect to evaluate cloud vs. on premise solutions based on cost, scalability, functionality, and business requirements. The position will also ensure that the appropriate monitoring tools, metrics, and reporting capabilities are in place to measure and exceed the uptime and performance standards of the company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Designs, implements, recommends, and supports cloud standards.
• Analyzes, designs, and implements cost-effective solutions to complex business problems according to user specifications.
• Helps to develop and implement cloud based disaster recovery plans/procedures.
• Administration, planning, and lifecycle management of the Azure, Oracle and any future cloud environments.
• Oracle Linux administration.
• Develops migration strategies to close gaps between current and future states of infrastructure architectures.
• Lead and direct the creation of governing principles to guide decision-making pertinent to infrastructure architecture.
• Ensure optimal governance structure and comply with activities related to infrastructure architecture adherence.
• Perform additional duties as directed by IT leadership.
• Implement / maintain automated monitoring to ensure proactive handling of issues to minimize unplanned downtime
• Provide support for other team members as required.
• Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
• Willingness to travel up to 10%, including international travel, and be flexible to work various hours to accommodate international business needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or an equivalent degree.
• Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
• 8+ years of technical experience within a corporate IT environment.
• 5+ years of cloud administration experience.
• Problem solving – some experience in a professional environment demonstrating the ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Experience in a customer facing capacity.
• Effectively able to diagnose/troubleshoot on various technologies.
• Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical constituents, both internal and external.
• Demonstrated experience working on projects, training, designing process solutions, and directly interacting with customers.
• Ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade recommendations.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and procedure manuals.
Certification in one or more of the following areas:
• Azure Solution Architect
• OCI Infrastructure
• OCI Architect Associate or Professional
• Hands-on OCI or Azure experience with designing and implementing Cloud Infrastructure architectures.
• Oracle LINUX/Unix administration and scripting experience.
• Oracle/Azure interconnect
• Windows, Linux, VMware VM, VMware ESXi, VMware Networking, Physical Hardware, Azure IaaS, Azure SQL, Azure PaaS, Networking On-Premises, Firewall
• NetScaler Load Balancer, Azure NSG, Azure Load Balancer, Resource Group, S2S VPN to Azure, VNET Peering, Express Route, Azure Subscription Management
• Experience with cloud platform architectures in areas such as Identity & Access Management and Networking.
Submit resume to:
Nicole Melda Mitchell
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Please no third-party recruiting agencies.