Application Support Engineer II - REMOTE
The primary responsibility of the Application Support Engineer is to support the smooth running of all critical internal applications and assist in architecting, implementing, and new supporting publishing processes for the business.
Responsibilities of the Application Support Engineer:
• Maintain a secure and highly available application environment for all supported applications.
• Execute release (data and code) activities related to the operations and monitoring of internal and external websites, critical business systems, and revenue generating systems.
• Develop and implement scripting and deployment techniques related to all release activities.
• Provide support on gathering, reporting, and analysis of performance data on WWW infrastructure.
• Support web site solutions utilizing IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JRUN, ColdFusion, .Net, HTML, ASP, PERL, Microsoft tools and a variety of web server and DBMS tools.
• Perform troubleshooting support for all assigned software applications.
• Create and adhere to SLAs for production application support.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of supported applications.
• Promptly respond to the technical support needs of internal and external customers.
• Work closely with other departments as needed, tracking issues to successful resolution. Keep detailed records of events, issues, and resolutions in ticket tracking system.
• Provide superior customer experience, driving overall satisfaction by proactively being a customer advocate for all customer impacting issues.
• Suggest, design, implement and deploy new technologies to help achieve its strategic business goals.
• Troubleshoot and coordinate support for specifically defined server-based application software.
• Document and maintain documentation for practices, processes, and workflows.
• Adhere to Change Management practices, including review, coordination, deployment, and follow-up procedures as they relate to industry standards.
• Adhere to security measures to ensure that the information assets of the Company and the commercial clients are protected at all times.
Requirements of the Application Support Engineer:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience. Related work experience and industry recognized certifications will be considered.
Three to five (3-5) years of experience in supporting server-based applications, application maintenance and support.
Detailed knowledge of Microsoft or Unix operating systems.
Some experience with tools that provide services such as application testing, web application servers, and content management.
Experience with tools such as StarTeam, SharePoint, Planview, MS Team Foundation Server, Jira.
Experience trouble-shooting applications and database issues.
Demonstrated experience with customer support providing mission critical support.
Working knowledge of programming concepts and web technologies.
Very good knowledge of SQL.
Experience with HTML, XML and XSLT a plus!
Submit resume to:
Nicole Melda Mitchell
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Please no third-party recruiting agencies.