Senior SQL Server DBA
This is a remote position! Work from home anywhere you choose in the continental U.S. during standard business hours. Company located in Cincinnati, Oh
The *Senior SQL Server DBA * will provide operational database management tasks for select customers. The DBA will be self-sufficient in terms of their abilities to exceed customer expectations while being part of a team to lend support and assistance when needed.
Database support will include day-to-day duties for proper database maintenance along with proactive measures to maximize the database availability and performance. This job will provide the flexibility to work from a home office most the time with occasional visits to customer locations.
• 8 years’ experience as a SQL Server DBA in SQL server 2005 or above.
• Excellent understanding of SQL with experience with performance monitoring, analysis, and tuning of relational databases. This includes the use of T-SQL, profiler, tuning advisor, indexes, statistics, query plan analysis.
• Experience with creating triggers, stored procedures, and complex join statements
• Migrating data to/from other data sources using DTS/SSIS/SSRS and deploying/maintaining packages/jobs.
• Engineering DR/BC and backup solutions including full, differential, transactional backup, backup mirroring, and automated maintenance jobs with alerting.
• Experience with Azure
• DP300, specifically in the areas listed below:
Plan and implement data platform resources
Implement a secure environment
Monitor and optimize operational resources
Optimize query performance
Perform automation of tasks
Plan and implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment
Perform administration by using T-SQL
• Database Administration for SQL Server installations including capacity planning, installing, upgrading, configuration and patching, and all functions to provide high availability, high performance, and high security.
• Implement and support housekeeping procedures such as backups, integrity checking
• Production and maintenance of high-quality documentation.
• Providing overnight and off-hours support as part of a support team.
• Experience with setup and support database clustering, mirroring, replication, and log shipping in Windows 2003/2008 enterprise environment.
• Knowledge of table partitioning and archiving mechanisms.
• Ability to function well in a virtual team working independently while managing time and priorities in a 24 X 7 DBA remote support environment.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Previous consulting experience is a plus.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States .
Submit resume to:
Nicole Melda Mitchell
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Please no third party recruiting agencies.