Want to ace your next interview and land that open job you have been seeking? A resume gets you in the door, but how you interview determines whether you’re offered the job. Here are some tips to help you prepare.
• Start by researching the company and your interviewers.
• Practice your answers to common interview questions.
• Re-read the job description.
• Be prepared with examples of your work.
• Prepare smart questions for your interviewers.
• Bring copies of your resume, a notebook and pen.
• Arrive 15 minutes early to your interview.
• Make a great first impression.
• Treat everyone you encounter with respect.
• Respond truthfully to the questions asked.
• Tie your answers back to your skills and accomplishments.
• Keep your answers concise and focused.
• Do not speak negatively about your previous employers.
• Ask about next steps.
• Send a personalized thank you letter after the interview.
No comments yet.