Quality Assurance Lead
• Leads the QA team for a project and is answerable to all activities conducted to ensure quality.
• Oversees the quality in all phases of the project including Requirement review, test script preparation, and test execution and recap.
• Identifies gaps and confusions in the user interface and/or the workflow and highlights to the project team the risks associated with technical debt, schedule slippage or other areas of concern.
• Schedules resources, estimates QAS portion of project estimates and forecasts, manages testing needs with Shared Services, manages the PLC checkpoints, calculates and manages traceability and test coverage, assist with test result triage, reports on overall application/project health and intercedes, when appropriate, with remediation efforts.
• Creates a collaborative partnership with the Tech Lead, the PM, the BAs and other project participants and actively engages in grooming sessions, status meetings and other project meetings. Highly valued as a thought leader contributing to the final product.
• Manage the human capital for a specific effort
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
• Extensive quality assurance experience and knowledge of quality assurance practices, methods, and Key Performance Indicators
• Understands how and when test automation is appropriate, understands how to calculate automation coverage and guides exploratory testers to fill the gaps.
• Understands how to assess an application’s functionality by risk, impact and importance in order to prioritize the test execution and concentrate test coverage appropriately.
Competencies and Skills:
• Able to leverage resources available to them to identify the opportunities for automation, service virtualization and other shared services offered by QA
• Good communication skills and knows how to tailor communication to the audience
• Understands Big Data architecture, in particular Hadoop
• Proficient at SQL and knowledge of Python, R, SAS or Ab Initio a plus
• Able to lead in all phases of the project and can communicate with others in the organization about the status and risks of the effort in detail
Submit resume to:
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Please no third party recruiting agencies.