A great opportunity with a world leader in manufacturing! An ideal place to advance your career, there is much potential for growth and advancement. Generous benefit package too!
The Solutions Architect is part of a team responsible for the support and administration of enterprise servers, systems, network and security across the corporation. The Solutions Architect provides technical support and solutions for all requirements in the planning, coordination, configuration, implementation, upgrade, and ongoing maintenance/monitoring of corporate technology environment. Ensures enterprise backup management to make certain availability, reliability and integrity of systems and data. Manages enterprise storage environment to ensure capacity and demand requirements are met.
• Provide recommendations to maintain, improve and secure the organization IT Infrastructure in support of data, application and business process.
• Support activities and projects to ensure the organization Data Center and Disaster Recovery co-locations are running at optimal level in support of systems and services availability.
• Properly administer a mixture of the following hardware and operating systems:
• HP Servers – Integrity (Itanium nPars/vPars/HPVM) and Proliant (x86)
• Cisco UCS servers and Unified Communication
• UNIX - Primarily HP-UX and Linux (RedHat)
• Microsoft Windows Server – 2003 / 2008
• VMware – ESX Server / SRM (Site Recovery Manager)
• SAN and storage systems - EMC, Netapp, StorageTek tape libraries
• Cisco routers, switches, and Fiber Channel Directors (IOS, CatOS, SANOS, NEXUS) Juniper firewall, VPN and switches
Knowledge of the following Enterprise systems and software:
• SAP – BASIS, R/3, BW, HCM and Netweaver/Portals
• Oracle and MS SQL Databases
• MS Active Directory
• MS Exchange Server
• Cisco VoIP
• Citrix Presentation Server
• EMC Networker / Avamar
• EMC Recover Point / Unisphere
• Various infrastructure services and protocols including DHCP, DNS, SMTP, RADIUS, and TACACS+
• 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 10 years of analytical job experience in an Information Technology organization
• 4+ years of systems administration experience; 2 to 3 years of experience in Unix environments
• 1+ year of Project Management experience, including planning, setup, management and reporting
Special Skills: • UNIX Operating Systems – Proficiency in HP-UX and Linux, including paging and swapping, inter-process communication, device drivers, file systems concepts and facilities, memory management, printing, and shell scripting (C, Born, or Korn).
• Windows Server Systems – Proficiency in Windows server 2000 and above.
• Storage Area Networks – Experience implementing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining storage solutions (EMC 5700, Centera, Netapp Filers, Cisco MDS preferred).
• Data Replication – Experience implementing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining remote storage and data replication solutions (EMC Recover Point preferred).
• Experience with administration of SAP products (e.g., R/3, Business Warehouse, NetWeaver) Performance Monitors and Systems Management – Proficiency with Solarwinds, Altiris, or similar.
• Mail systems – Experience with MS Exchange 2007 and other SMTP MTAs.
• Network – Proficiency with TCP/IP and associated protocols. Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, including routing and switching.
• Security- Experience in implementing industry standard and best practices relating to network and cyber security.
• Firewall – Proficiency with Juniper, Cisco or similar firewall design, configuration and installation.
Submit resume to:
Nicole Melda Mitchell
LRSolutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Please no third party recruiting agencies.
• Position is Full-time in Cleveland, OH. Must reside in area. Direct Hire, NO C2C
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.