Cisco Network Engineer
A great opportunity with a world leader in manufacturing! An ideal place to advance your career, there is much potential for growth and advancement. Generous benefit package too!
The Cisco Network Engineer responsible for configuration, administration, support, and optimization of the network, including but not limited to: Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless LAN (WLAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), process control networks, and security stack.
As a part of the network team, the Cisco Network Engineer is responsible and accountable for: network performance and stability, network compliance with the organization's IT policy, creating/updating network documentation and diagrams, timely remediation and escalation of network support tickets.
Capable of working productively in an environment containing the following technologies (Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, HP-UX, RHEL Linux, SAP, Oracle, Citrix, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS Server, Cisco & Juniper firewalls, Networks Protocols, LAN/WAN, Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco routers, Cisco and Aerohive Wireless Access Points, Window Desktop, and Microsoft Office Professional).
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network support issues
• Updating network support tickets by recording incident details and communicating expectations to clients within SLA timeframes
• Create and manage DHCP scopes, DNS zones, and NPS/RADIUS policies on Microsoft operating systems
• Administer network integration with security stack platforms
• Plan, coordinate, and implement changes to the organization's network ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are followed.
• Review network resources to identify performance issues, recommend changes.
• Perform disaster recovery operations in adherence to IT policy.
• Creating/updating network documentation and diagrams
• Serve as secondary member of the WAN Management Team (WMT) for Metals Division
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline preferred
• 5 years Information Technology experience in an organization supporting a national/international client base
• CCNA or equivalent preferred
• Performance Monitors and Systems Management – Proficiency with SolarWinds Modules: NPM, NTA, IPAM, and Reporting
• Network –Understanding of L3 routing protocols (BGP and OSPF), SVI, VLANs, vPC, and QoS.
• Security- Experience in implementing industry standard and best practices relating to network device hardening, cyber security, web content filtering with Zscaler, Gigamon, and Bluecoat.
• Firewall – Experience creating security zones, segmentation polices, VPNs, ACLs, and NATs,
• Wireless - knowledge of 802.11, WPA2/WPA3 with 802.1X, securing guest access through captive web portals, and Cisco Nexus 9000 series switches running NXOS 9.2
• Cisco Catalyst 9200/9300 series switches running Cisco IOS XE 16.11+
Preferred: • Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Emergency Responder, and Expressway
• Juniper SRX 300/320/340/1550 firewalls running JunosOS 15.1X49-D170 or newer
• Extreme Networks Extreme Cloud IQ with 230/550/650/1130 AP models running IQE 8.2 or newer
• Cradlepoint CBA 550/850 4G/5G wireless WAN APs
• Proficiency in Windows Server Systems
Submit resume to:
Nicole Melda Mitchell
LRSolutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Please no third party recruiting agencies.
• Position is Full-time in Cleveland, OH. Must reside in area. Direct Hire, NO C2C
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.